Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week 10

I began to think of ideas for my manual this last week. While trying to think of how I can explain just how much the cheerio has helped my thinking this semester, I got overwhelmed and thumbed through a magazine. I feel like I may have gone insane for a brief moment. I saw cheerios everywhere in the design. The cheerio was in the text in the page layout and in the images. Everywhere Cheerios. I couldn't escape it because a cheerio is a circle. A circle has no beginning and no end. When you get to the end you are back at the beginning. In the same way with our projects when we complete a project we must relate it back to the cheerio. It is the simplest answer and yet it contains all of the design elements. I never realized just how important a little cheerio is. 

While working on the calendar this week I took a look back at the greyscale compositions to see how I could try and incorporate it into my calendar. The ideas that I have are rough but hopefully at the end of week 11 I will have a more concise idea for my final.
I like the calendars with the black background because they make my pictures pop when I put them on the wall. I also like the abbreviated months instead of the whole words.










No comments:

Post a Comment