Monday, November 12, 2012

Week 11

Every week that we design calendar, it becomes more clear as to what we should be striving for our designs. As I took my sketches and refined them, I became attached to certain concepts and ideas.I took elements from different sketches and evolved them into different concepts. I have had the hardest time with my off image concepts. My images have circles and diagonals and I feel like I am stuck with either or. Trying to marry the two has been challenging. I ended up with one circular design and one diagonal design off image. I feel like my success lies in my modular designs, but time will tell how I decide which design to choose for my final. The process that I have gone through has not only been engaging my knowledge of design and growth of it but it has also been enjoyable.
My manual concept is a double helix cheerio. I plan to make it like a scientific diagram like what is in a science textbook. I am happy with this choice and can't wait to begin design over the weekend.

cheerio= building blocks of design
DNA (double helix)= building blocks of life
design=life

No comments:

Post a Comment